Re: tlug: Linux heir apparent?

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Scott Stone wrote:
>
> >I have a strange question - who's the 'heir apparent' to Linus?  ie, he
>
> I've often wondered that myself, although I use the "steps in front of a truck
> tomorrow" scenario.  I bet more than a few IT managers ask the same question,
> and get a little better answer when they look at FreeBSD, which has a
> formalized body guiding its direction, rather than one unincorporated person.

it's a formalized group of people who spend more time arguing than they do
accomplishing things.  Look how much farther ahead Linux is - FreeBSD has
just now started entertaining the idea of ELF binaries and non-x86 ports..

Then again, IT managers aren't known for being especially bright or
technically informed, eh? :)

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)