tlug: WINE

Is anybody getting any better results than this on Wine with Win32 apps?  I
got the latest one, and Paintshop Pro 5 changed its death note, but still
doesn't work:

[jq@example.com Paint Shop Pro 5]$ wine -winver win95 Psp.exe
Unexpected Windows program segfault - opcode = a5
Page fault in 32-bit code (0x080d362a).
Fault address is 0x00000000

(It freezes there until I hit ctrl-c)

There's a fairly decent Japanese text editor for Windows95/NT called Vivi, and
it gets this:

[jq@example.com vivi]$ wine -winver win95 vivi
err:fixup:NE_LoadSegment No handler for USER.950, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:fixup:NE_LoadSegment No handler for KERNEL.462, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:fixup:NE_LoadSegment No handler for KEYBOARD.10, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:fixup:NE_LoadSegment No handler for USER.950, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:fixup:NE_LoadSegment No handler for KERNEL.462, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:fixup:NE_LoadSegment No handler for KERNEL.462, setting to 0xdeadbeef
No handler for Win16 routine KERNEL.208: KERNEL_208 (called from 055f:01bb)

I like that 0xdeadbeef address :-)

Are those messages indicative of something I have messed up in my wine.conf,
or is just normal for something that dies?  PSP 5 used to do the same thing,
except it didn't say 0xdeadeef.  I'm totally new to Wine, so I don't know what
should be considered a normal failure.

TIA,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section