Re: tlug: Xwindows won't run properly

> Probably. My suggestion is to just not use it, ever. You're better off
> with the reliable setup tools provided by the XFree86 organization --
> either the command-line xf86config (sp?) or the graphical
> xf86setup. You have to know a little more, but they rarely try to
> automate things that can't be automated.

This was the trick. What i discovered that while Xconfigurator does a great job of
recognizing all the hardware, it didn't set up the Xf86config file properly. All the
information was in there, but commented out. So i ran the command line x86config,
and now everything works perfectly. The lesson is to use the Xconfiugrator to probe
and see what you have, but xf86config to actually make the changes.

            dave

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: