Re: tlug: another ip-up script

Jim Tittsler writes:
 > If your goal is to get your dynamic IP address during a PPP connection,
 > you get it as a parameter to the ip-up script.  ip-up is called by pppd
 > with the following parameters:
 >   interface-name  tty-device  speed  local-IP-address remote-IP-address ipparam
 > (where the last one is an optional string you can set with the ipparam option
 > in pppd).

That was my courtesy post since I got a hint from here.
It works already.
You can check by doing "#ip-up dummy dummy xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".
It is supposed to be useful to people who use pppd and/or diald and
local smtp server.
It uses /etc/hosts file as log file. it is no use for people who are
statically on the net.

Regards,
Kei.
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: