tlug: Strange headers from TLUG server?

I've narrowed down the problem I have with Pine not seeing some of my mail
headers.  What do you think of this:

If I send myself a test message to both my geocities and TLUG accounts,
Pine has trouble with the headers on the one that went through TLUG, but
not the one that went through Geocities.  On the message that went through
TLUG, it will display the entire header in the message, and if I reply, it
fails to pick up the subject from the header, instead using a default
subject of Re: your mail.

With the message I send to my Geocities account, however, everything is
fine, it picks up the subject and does not display the header along with
the message.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there any possibility that something on the TLUG server is crunching
my mail, rather than something on my machine?  If it were my machine, I
would expect it to hose all of my mail, rather than only stuff sent to my
TLUG account, but ... ?

My .fetchmailrc contains these lines:

poll mail.geocities.com proto POP3 user jpmag pass xxxxxxxx
poll tlug.pht.co.jp proto POP3 user jonathan pass xxxxxxxx

My local userid on this machine is jonathan

TIA for any like that you can shed on this vexing problem.

Jonathan

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: