Re: tlug: bug in xlock

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> If there's a blank line in between two entries in /etc/passwd or in
> /etc/group, SIGSEGV.

There should _never_ be blank lines in either.  Undefined behavior
results.

> If DISPLAY is not set, SIGSEGV (come on, that's so easy to trap, geez..
> just check if XOpenDisplay returns NULL...)

Why would one run xlock without having DISPLAY set?  If you're running it
from console, you deserve whatever you get ;)

> At least, it affects the Xlockmore-GL package, maybe the bare-bones xlock
> doesn't have this problem.  I'm going to try fixing it tomorrow and making
> a new package...

Send the diffs back to the maintainer.  Too many people just fix things
locally.

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: