tlug: Help! Hard disk recovery...

Hi,

MY PC has just been shipped out here, but somewhere along the way
someone dropped it. The SCSI adaptor recognizes my SCSI drives'
electronics OK, but it tells me that the drive isn't ready. When
running the drive is making repeated 'kerclick kerclick' types noises
and is vibrating quite a lot.

Basic question - Does anyone know any good data recovery companies?
Ideally what I'd like to do is buy a new drive and hand that and the
dead one to an expert, to see what they could transfer. This is my
personal machine, so I can't afford a huge pile of cash. The data is
important to me (fiction I wrote, my web site, email backups), but not
life threatening I suppose. *Sob*.

TIA,

Gav
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: