Re: tlug: HTML beautifier

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Scott Stone wrote:
>
> >a perl script would be excellent for this.
>
> I was thinking that, too.  I was also thinking how great it would be if
> I knew how to write one :-)  In a few weeks I'll be far enough through
> my book on C that I may be able to take a stab at it in C, although I'm
> sure it will come out quite a bit larger than a Perl script :-)

Actually, there is a perl module which already does some HTML parsing.
It's part of the libwww bundle. I was just looking at the Parser.pm that
is part of this. It's still qualified as "alpha" by the author. But it
can clean up some areas, and it wouldn't be hard to add in some more.

HTML::Parser.pm

Maybe you already have it; I haven't looked at what all Scott included
in the TL distribution.

Look at one of the CPAN sites for more info on perl modules. There is
also a module called CPAN, which allows you to easily add new/updated
modules from (where else?) your favorite CPAN site. One that I find
works well here in Japan is:

ftp://ftp.eos.hokudai.ac.jp/pub/lang/CPAN/CPAN/

HTH,

-Totoro-

David Riley

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp

featuring Linux on multiple platforms:
Next Nomikai: September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691