tlug: Caldera: DR-DOS vs Linux

Hi all,

It's amazing what you can find on the net:

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_2324.html

"What if I told you that I knew what would be the most
talked-about operating system in 1999?

What if I told you it would be DOS <snip>

Consider this. Since 1997, Orem, UT-based Caldera, Inc. has sold
3,000,000 copies of DR-DOS -- an MS-DOS compatible operating
system acquired from Digital Research by way of Novell. And
repositioned DR-DOS for a market at least 10 times larger than
the personal computing world."
                  - Jesse Berst, Editorial Director
                  - ZDNet AnchorDesk

Now the question that first popped into my mind was, "Why isn't
Caldera positioning it's Linux distribution instead of DR-
DOS????"

Go figure... Anyway, this article is worth a quick glance.

Regards,

Jim S.

Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
#include <disclaimer.h>
There's another way to survive.  Mutual trust -- and help.
                -- Kirk, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
featuring Linux on multiple platforms:
Next Nomikai: September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691