tlug: non-Linux memory question

Sorry about the non-Linux-specific question, but :^}

I'm looking to get some 72-pin SIMMs.  The old ones I'm trying to
replace have silver traces, and I was told by a salesman at LAOX
ComputerKAN that one shouldn't mix gold and silver.  I.e., if your
SIMMs have gold traces, you shouldn't use them with sockets that
are silver in color.  And vice versa.  Well, his expression was
something like "chotto shinpai".

Does anyone else believe this?  Or is it one guy's BS opinion?
I don't have any reason not to believe him, in particular, but I'm
hoping he's full of it, because it seems memories with silver
traces aren't so common anymore :^(

Thanks,
Dave

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: