tlug: Free ICQ Clients

I'm happy to see that there are some free ICQ clients appearing.
http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d95-mih/icq/ has info on the protocol
and pointers to some of the clients.

I'm currently using MICQ on my SPARCstation.  It is a small text-mode C
program. It even comes with a VC++ make file for use on Win32 machines.  It
is MUCH MUCH less resource intensive than the Mirabilis Java version.
.. ftp://micq.ml.org/pub/micq

LICQ looks like a pretty version for the X Window System using the Qt
libraries, but I'm not into Qt.
.. http://pages.infinit.net/fairoff/licq/index.html

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo     ICQ: 5981586   AIM: Jim7J1AJH
Tokyo PC Users Group Akihabara Tour, Sunday 12July  http://www.tpc.ml.org/

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: