tlug: PHP (was: SQL on the TLUG server)

Hi all,

On 30-Jun-98 Rex Walters wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 09:59:52PM +0900, urs roesch wrote:
>> Try the new PHP3, a Hypertext Preprocessor

> There is a very simple cookbook/tutorial on PHP3+PostgreSQL on
> Redhat at
> "http://www.unixworld.com/archives/95/tutorial/018.html".

OK, I grabbed php-3.0.tar.gz and will start going through the
docs. It looks like I'll have to use PHP as a module to Apache;
from the tutorial:

     Running PHP as a CGI binary could create a serious security
     problem. Apache allows files -- named .htaccess by
     default -- to limit access to Web pages to specific
     IP addresses or to users who supply a valid
     username-password combination. PHP does not honor .htaccess
     files,

So much for the tpj-jp .htaccess restictions.

My Apache at home will have to be rebuilt if I'm going to do any
off-line testing:

  while (.configure php)

     checking for Apache module support... no

Ooopps, guess that's not gonna work;-)

And the adventure continues...

Regards,

Jim S.

Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
#include <disclaimer.h>
Commitment, n.:
  Commitment can be illustrated by a breakfast of ham and
  eggs. The chicken was involved, the pig was committed.
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: