Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:30:18 -0600 (MDT)
From: Andy Bradford <bradipo@example.com>
To: Keith Alen Vance <nfn11988@example.com>
Cc: AfterStep User List <afterstep@example.com>
Subject: Re: How do I get new fonts.

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Keith Alen Vance wrote:

>I need more fonts. I am running Debian 1.3, xfree86, and AfterStep 1.4. I
>want more fonts in the Gimp and in Netscape.
I'm not exactly sure it this is what you are looking for but this is what
I did to get some of my favorite fonts.  There is a font server available
for download on Sunsite called xfstt that allows you to use true type
fonts.  It's relatively easy to install as it is well documented.  I
installed it last night and am now able to use True Type Fonts.
Andy

>I would like to know where to get them and how to install them.
You can get them from any site that offers them.  Basically with xfstt you
mount your DOS partition (provided you have one; I don't) and use the
fonts in WINDOWS\fonts if you read the docs on it.
Andy

	+------- Andy ---------- bradipo@example.com -------+
	|   The first and best victory is to conquer self;   |
	|     to be conquered by self is, of all things,     |
	|   the most shameful and vile - Plato		     |
	+--------- http://www.xmission.com/~bradipo/ --------+

--
   WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
   FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/