RE: tlug: MI/X PC X server

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : Sean Bennett <sean@example.com>

>Just configured XFree86 on my unix box;  I do most of my unix work from
>a terminal window on a W95J system.  I'm considering trying MI/X
>(http://www.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/mix.htm), which is a

This intrigued me, so I went right out and installed it, since I dual-boot
at work but have a Linux machine sitting on a leased line at home that I
could connect to.  Well, in theory.  The problem is that I'm behind a
firewall here and my machine is not on DNS and doesn't have an IP address
for the Internet, so I seem to have no way to do it right now.  The trouble
is that you have to telnet to the machine running UNIX and set the display
environment variable to either the host name or the IP address of your
Windows machine (or Mac; they make a version of this for both 68K and PPC
Macs).  The trouble is, as far as the Internet is concerned, I have neither.

A guy in the office here has FreeBSD, but he's off today.  Maybe I can get a
userid on his machine and test it that way.  I'll post any results to TLUG.

Jonathan Byrne <E-mail:jq@example.com>
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

*** 20 June: TLUG will be at the Tokyo Linux Fair
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/projects/linux-fair/fair.html