Re: tlug: Be_careful!!! HPLaserJet4000N_Final_Solution

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> These printers are just too popular in Japan to have no drivers at
> all.  Output of Debian-JP's vflib-enabled Ghostscript --help below.
> Try the `epag' driver first (just guessing, dunno what it is).  If
> that doesn't work, I believe the ap3250, st800, and stcolor are Espon
> OEMs, maybe actual Epson overseas versions.  Failing that, `(cd

st800 is a driver for the Stylus 800, an inkjet printer.  I'm not sure
which one of the Japanese model names that maps to, but they sell them in
the States. Don't know what an
ap3250 is, but I guess I could try it.  I'll try epag, too (I don't know
what it is, either). The LP-8300 is a fast (12 PPM), high-res
(1200 DPI) commercial-quality laser printer with a 64-bit RISC processor
on board, if that sounds like what anybody out there is using.
sounds anything like what anybody out there is using.

I also thought it seems weird that there was nothing, but TL does have
Ghostscript J in it, but there's no Epson LP-anything on the list.  I will
try the ap3250 though and see if it spits out anything recognizable :-)

Thanks,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station