Re: tlug: Tokyo internet providers --> any suggestions ???

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, J. David Beutel wrote:

> Wow, that's out of my league.  That's just for an IP address?

Eight IPs.  They don't deal with single IP routing, it seems.  It would
make sense if they were using Livingston (now Lucent, I guess)
concentrators/routers (because ComOS didn't do variable-size subnetting),
but they're using Ascend boxes that _will_ do variable subnets, if they
wanted.

> Is it with unlimited hours?

Yep.  But Japanese phone tolls being what they are ...

> Oh, the good ol' days in the US with unlimited hours for $12 a month
> and no local phone charges...

Oh, yeah, I hear you.  Just about the only things I miss about the states,
that.

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station