Re: tlug: HP LaserJet4000n

$B86ED(B@$BMU;3$G$9!#(B

Yong-Ming Hua <yhua@example.com> wrote on Thu, 04 Jun 1998 08:08:29
+0900:-
> Hi all,
>
>      Recommended here, I got HP LaserJet4000n. Yes It is a very
> good Postscript and network printer.
Yuppers, I am using the same printer, and recommended it here.
I have been using it for over 6 months now, with Linux (RHL4.2),
Windows95 (1995.11 version), and WindowsNT Workstation 4.0.  I
extensively use it with Netscape (both on Linux and Win), MS Office,
ghostscript and many others without problem (except the one when my
print-filter for japanese on linux was wrong and is now corrected).

Now let's find out what causes you trouble.
Since you are already "network-printing", you have installed the
JetAdmin and PCL6 driver on your Win95 without problem, have you?

>      Now my problem is,
>      As soon as I am about to get something printed from(only
> from Netscape(whether, mailer, composer, or browser), netscape
> freezes. And eventually after that, no other application can
> use print job.
>      I wanted to use the printer for Linux. But at first I am
> testing it from windows95, not locally attached, but given a
> unique IP. Netscape Communicator is 4.04 and 4.05(both freeze).
> If I don't bother about Netscape, all other applicatios are
> fine printing files.
>      Is there anyone out there having experienced a similar
> situation?
>      Almost always netscape freezes when I try to print something,
> the error message is,
>
>          $B$3$N%W%m%0%i%`$OIT@example.com$J2~JQ$r9T$C$?$N$G!&!&!&(B
>
> This seems to be a piece of shit.(sorry). I haven't done anything
> to you honey. hahahahhaha
>
>      Anyway, any idea how to get out of this trouble? When I get
> scanning the disk (thogough one), the machine freezes again. Of
> course without netscape having a mess of the print job, scanning
> goes beautiful.

How about uninstalling and re-installing your netscape communicator
- assuming there is some DLL damaged?

Regards,

Ken

Ken Harada = $B86ED(B  $B7r(B
Hayama, Japan
http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station