RE: tlug: Rawwrite3 problem

On 03-Jun-98 Gavin Walker wrote:
> I guess there couldn't be a more fundamental Linux install problem that
> this...
>
> I'm trying to create 'install' and 'modules' disks from Caldera Open
> Linux Lite v1.1 CDROM, but the rawrite3 program isn't working. I'm
> running the program in a DOS prompt under NT4 and I formatted the
> floppys beforehand. The program just throws up the following error and
> terminates:
>
> "Can't figure out how many sectors/track for diskette"
>
> Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I think that there is a problem using rawrite under NT. At least I have never
got it to work. However, it works fine under Win95 and DOS (rather than a dos
prompt under NT). I suspect that rawrite tries to directly access some hardware
and Win NT doesn't allow it.

David

---
Dr. David Dibben
National Food Research Institute
2-1-2 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8642. Japan
Tel:  0298 38 8029
Fax: 0298 38 8122
E-Mail: dibben@example.com
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station