Re: tlug: smp and agp

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Kei Furuuchi wrote:

> Another question:
> Does linux support smp and agp?
> If I were to do some 3D application like lightwave which claims to
> have done CG work on Titanic, it seems above is an option.

yes, both.  Not all AGP boards work, though.  For sure, XFree86 3.3.2
supports the Matrox Millennium II AGP and the nVidia Riva128-based AGP
boards such as the STB Velocity 128 and the Diamond Viper V330

although AGP isn't really necessary for CG work.. more like, you need
something that can talk to 3D hardware.  Right now, MESA-GL only works
with 3dfx and GLINT chipsets.. although the Titanic guys might have had
custom software that interfaced with their video boards' 3d accelerator
functions directly.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691