RE: tlug: FW: Windows 95

From: Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>
Subject: RE: tlug: FW: Windows 95
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 17:08:57 +0900 (JST)

> > the I-love-NT-gurus had any idea how to make it more stable - short of
> > upgrading to Serv Pack 3, or bumping the mem up to 128 from 64.
> > Wonder if I would ever have thought of either of those two solutions :P
>
> what are you doing on this machine that requires so much ram?

Using MS Developer Studio (C++ and debugger) to develop Windoze apps.

> I wouldn't -- at least I can get to a command prompt in Win95.  The
> concept of a command prompt is completely foreign to MacOS.  I think that
> Win95 has better hardware configuration - at least you can customize some
> settings, etc, whereas macintosh stuff is all PnP - if you plug it in, and
> it doesn't play, you're pretty much hosed.

But the Mac PnP has worked properly since it was introduced (10 or so years
ago).    NT might have a command line available.  But it doesn't help you much
when the settings which have gone funky are in a binary whose format you don't
know!   Long live Linux :)

> Oh well, PPC-linux is getting better every day...

Something I hope to try one of these days.

Anyway this in not a Win list.   I wouldn't be here if it was.
I will refrain from continuing this thread.

tim :)
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691