RE: tlug: FW: Windows 95

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : Neil Fergusson <mv124@example.com>

>> ... and how he solved it and showed Gates the algorithm,
>>     with the rhetorical comment about the original one that
>>     "Who wrote this brain-dead piece of shit, anyway?"
>
>Are you sure he wasn't talking about MS-DOS ?

I found it!  Here's a slice from the article

s Eller tried to fill in the background of a
                 round digital clock with color, using a
                 flood-filled algorithm, it didn't work. He was
                 able, however, to write some code that
                 enabled the BASIC code to correctly flood-fill
                 the clock.

                 Pulling Gates over to view the initial problem,
                 Eller said: "Who was the jerk who wrote this
                 brain-dead piece of shit?" Without waiting for
                 a response, Eller demonstrated how he had
                 fixed the problem.

                 After Gates noted that the new algorithm was
                 "nice" and returned to his office, a colleague
                 informed Eller it was Gates who was the
                 "jerk" who initially had written the
                 "brain-dead" algorithm.

The complete review can be found at:
http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,22348,00.html?dd.ne.tx.rc

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691