TLUG FTP [was Re: tlug: CentreCom/Allied Telesis LA-PCI-T

From: Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>
Subject: Re: tlug: CentreCom/Allied Telesis LA-PCI-T
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 15:28:35 +0900 (JST)

sstone> > Say, does anyone know why incoming on the FTP site is not working?
sstone>
sstone> the only working incoming dir on ftp.pht.com is /pub/linux/incoming.  you
sstone> can upload to /incoming on ftp.pht.co.jp, though.

Thanks.  I was trying to put it into /pub/linux/tlug/incoming and was
getting failed permissions.  I can upload with anonymous into
/pub/linux/incoming.  However, I can't move it into the tlug
area.

  [tlug@example.com incoming]$ pwd
  /home/ftp/pub/linux/incoming
  [tlug@example.com incoming]$ cp erase-me.txt /.2/tlug/incoming/
  cp: erase-me.txt: Permission denied
  [tlug@example.com incoming]$

I guess that ftp://ftp.pht.com/pub/linux/tlug/   is attached to
/.2/tlug/ on the FTP server?

What I am hoping to do:

   1) have a publicly uploadable place where TLUG members can
	drop things off,
   2) use the tlug account to move it into the TLUG area of the
	FTP archive

BTW, you might want to erase the file erase-me.txt in /pub/incoming.

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda   craigoda@example.com   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craig
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691