Re: tlug: Hello, I'm a newbie and help!

> You got help from Microsoft?  I'm still waiting for them to answer a
> question I sent them about Flight Simulator 4.0 back in 1991... :)

Ok... just one word in support of M$... you guys seem to have a lot of
bad luck, or I have a lot of good luck, but everytime I ask M$ for
support, what annoys me is that they won't stop answering me... They
give me an answer, and I figure that's it... but then, 2 days later,
they ask me how it's going... I thank them for the help and tell them
it's fine, and then 2 days after that, they ask me if I need any more
help with the problem, and I say everything works great, and then the
next day they ask me if I need help with anything else... this is using
the free technical support... although it's nice that they are
interested to know that I am getting along fine, it's equally annoying
to be spammed to death making sure that I got enough support...

But on this list, it's nice to know that you can ask the same question
and there's always someone (usually more) that is willing to help you
out... but then again, if you do it in a Usenet list, at least for
Linux, it is pretty much the same... What's cool about Linux users is
that everyone is in it to help the whole effort... which is a reason why
I like working with Linux... of course, there's the stuff that Linux
actually does that I like about it as well though... :D
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691