Re: tlug: .tgz files

Scott Stone wrote:

> On Sat, 9 May 1998, Joe Marchak wrote:
> > I've always wondered whether this was a bug ... on some sites the *.tgz
> > files are recognized OK, and others do a screen dump.  This shift-key
> > trick is great.  Thanks!

> I think it depends on the server sending the right MIME type.  You can
> specify in apache's config files what mime types to send for what files.

The file is called mime.types and is in the apache configuration
directory. Usally you run in the same problem as Jonathan when you try
to download RPMs because they are registered as:

audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin        rpm

I tried once to listen to the gimp.rpm ;-)

If the server supports the .htaccess files you can add MIME types to
some areas of your website whitout bothering the admin just by adding
the following line to .htaccess

AddType application/x-my_application      my_extension

and the server will send the appropriate header to the client.

urs
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691