Re: tlug: .tgz files

>>In article <3553540C.A6F43B58@example.com>, Jonathan Byrne <jpmag@example.com> writes:

> This may be so basic that I should be embarassed to ask,  But I will
> anyway :-)

> What MIME type do I need to set up in Netscape to download a .tgz file?
> There's a small one I want to download, but when I click the link, it
> dumps the contents into my browser window.  Needless to say, this isn't
> very helpful to my downloading efforts.

I may be completely wrong here :-)  but when I looked at my Netscape's
mime types, I found nothing for .tgz or anything similar.  It dawned
on me that your problem may be *having* a mime type for .tgz, when if
you didn't, Netscape would ask you where to store the thing.  Try that
(but be sure to save the entry before deleting it, if you have one :-).

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@example.com
  PGP = 91 B3 94 7C E9 E8 76 2D   E1 63 51 AA A0 48 89 2F  ITAR license #4933
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor:

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691