Re: tlug: Modem question

On Fri, 8 May 1998 kenhrd@example.com wrote:

> <199805080555.OAA14583@example.com>の記事において
> chak@example.comさんは書きました。
> >> Now my problem is, without the standard dial tone my modem
> >> even doesn't want to dial this first 0.  I know there is a
> >> way to tell the modem to forget about the dial tone for a
> >> moment (in Windoze you can do that by selecting some check
> >> box or so, I think).  I consulted the docu of my modem and
> >> it seemed that I have to put a @ or W into the ATDP command,
> >> but that doesn't work.  Any ideas?
> >>

> Hi Manuel,
>
> This is one of the most common problems on travelling users
> staying in Japan.  The correct command to disable the dial
> tone detection is 'ATX3' - I think most types of the modems
> will accept it.  Please check your manual to confirm.

careful, ATXn sets the 'intelligence' level of the modem.  Different
modems react VERY differently here.  For example, most modems have ATX1
through ATX4 available (although what they mean can differ greatly), while
USR modems have ATX1 through ATX7 available.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691