Re: tlug: Modem question

-----Original Message-----
From: kenhrd@example.com <kenhrd@example.com>
To: tlug@example.com <tlug@example.com>

>This is one of the most common problems on travelling users
>staying in Japan.  The correct command to disable the dial
>tone detection is 'ATX3' - I think most types of the modems
>will accept it.  Please check your manual to confirm.

If this does work, also be sure to put some ~ characters
between the zero and the rest of the phone number in your
dial string.  Each tilde causes a 1/2 second delay, so put
enough of them in there to cover the time lag between when
you dial zero and when you get the outside dial tone.
Otherwise your modem will dial the number before it gets the
dial tone.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691