tlug: security hole in TurboLinux/TurboLinuxJ

OK, someone found a security hole in TL/TLJ, and posted it to bugtraq,
where it caught my attention.  The affected packages are etcskel and
xinitrc.  The fixes for USA 1.0 and 1.2 TurboLinux can be obtained from:

ftp.turbolinux.com:/pub/tl_updates (get the etcskel and xinitrc packages
there).

The Japanese patches will be available on the TLJ master FTP site at
mirror.vector.co.jp probably tomorrow after vector runs its mirrors.  If
you have an account on the tlug server, however, i've put the updated rpms
into /tmp, so you can get them there.  I'll take them out of /tmp as soon
as I see that they've been mirrored over to vector.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor: