Re: tlug: Naive VM question

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
 > Then you invoke `make-hosts.pl > /etc/hosts' when you start ppp.

In my case, diald starts ppp.
Dial-up ppp in analog public telephone line is not stable and
slow. This is the reason people choose ISDN. But, I use diald so when
the line is disconnected while downloading a large file, diald
reconnects and restart downloading without attendance. This is one of
things I like about Linux. I don't know how to implement this on Windows.
So the perl script seems too much for me unless I really know what I
am doing, which I don't curretly.
The second best seems always for sendmail to talk to ISP's mail server
and let the mailserver forward mails to destination.

 > I don't understand why you want to keep the `kfur' spool file intact.
 > You will soon find that it grows too large to be useful, at which
 > point you need to make other arrangements to access your saved mail
 > remotely anyway.

At least intact by VM. This is a failsafe consideration. Also
archiving problem concerns INBOX file in VM as well. I don't see how
VM handles that too.

 > What I had to do was "C-\ x toggle-input-method".  This works on my
 > XEmacs with LEIM-ified Canna.  You may need to use a different

I can toggle both input methond and viper mode in Emacs and Viper.
But, still I can't input Japanese. I use Canna as un-tar-gziped from
pje distribution.

Regards,
Kei.