Re: tlug: Any Recommended Printer?

Hi Yong-Ming,

<199804271323.WAA01649@example.com>の記事において
yhua@example.comさんは書きました。
>>      I want to buy a postscript printer. Budget is
>> somewhere around 210,000 yen. Seems there are
Wow, big budget!

>> three options.
>>
>> 1.Linux Box<-----locally connected----Printer
>>
>> 2.Printer alone with 10BaseT(my office has only this).
>>
>> 3.Windows 95<----locally connected----Printer
>>                          |Samba
>>                        Linux
>>
>> Teach me the best choice. And if you can recommend
>> a good buy I want to get that immediately.

I bought Hewlett Packard Laserjet 4000N some months ago for
Yen 173,250.  16 page per minute (ppm), A4/LTR/Legal/Envelope,
1200dpi, Postscript.  Network card for UNIX lpd, Windows NT
network over TCP/IP or IPX/SPX, Lanmanager and other protocol.
I put it to my home LAN and can print either from linux
(using lpr) and from Windows 95.  Drivers for postscript
works fine on linux, and windows 95 driver works perfect.
Through japanized ghostscipt and VFlib I can print pretty
Japanese on linux.

(I am only a HP user and have no connection with HP.)

Regards,
Ken

Ken Harada (原田 健)
Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com       http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society of Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691