RE: tlug: linux ease-of-use

>Must have been an old power supply - newer ones just won't do anything if
>you hook them up backwards... but I do remember that old ones will blow up

possibly... not sure how many years back you have to go for explosive p/s,
but it was out of an old 486 my boss built when he was still in America
('92 - '94)

>if you hook them up wrong.  I used to work in a computer store building
>computers (from when I was 15 until I was 17), and my boss did that once.
>I was told (in between curses about '**** power supply') to jump into my
>car and floor it to the drugstore to get some bandages and aloe vera.  We
>kept a supply of it in the warehouse after that... :)

Glad I wasn't that bad... luckily, I was pretty far away from the p/s when I
did that, but the whole pwr cable did start to catch on fire... :D

>I seem to remember a customer's PC/XT's motherboard had a similar
>explosive reaction upon replacing the power supply in the machine.  Bad
>diode or something on the board, I guess.  He never came to pick up the
>machine anyway, so we didn't have to explain it to him :)

he he he... that's good... guess you wouldn't have to pay for the machine
either... :D

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor: