RE: tlug: Bill's Bubble Burst : )

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : joem <joem@example.com>

>Y'all probably heard about this one, but just in case ...

I saw it on video on the Net, even :-)  A guy I know in Hong Kong sent me
the URL.  If nobody beats me to it, I'll post it to the list after I get
home.  It's hilarious - it was supposed to auto-detect the scanner, but
instead it took them on a trip straight to BSOD city :-)

>He noted that the exceptions are IBM corp, which uses Windows and other
>systems, and archrival Sun Microsystems, which he called "purely
>anti-Windows and not at all shy about it".

Well, yeah, they are, but Microsoft is pretty anti-Sun, too.  Is it
coincidence that the UNIX port of IE 4 was debuted for Solaris?  I think not
:-)

>"Windows 98 is a very obvious move up from Windows 95" he said.  "It is a
>straight-forward refinement with a lot of neat new things".

Not.  My Windows box will be moved up to NT, but it doesn't have Windows 98
in its future - say, do you think if they don't get it out the door until
next year, they'll have to change the name to Windows 99 :-)

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691