Re: tlug: Linux Office Suite

> Things are really starting to move around this front...
> (but not always in a good way; I'm really dissapointed
> by the Open Group's decision to charge fees for X11R6.4...)
Who knows ? This simply means that Xfree takes the standards
making over as well ( actually, in the past they already had a
crucial impact on the X consortium by providing most of their
reference implementation ).

AAAAnd.....X-Window is a conception of the mid eighties. New,
promising ideas like GGI and Berlin are around and it may well
be that in ten year's time X is history.......

GGI and Berlin try to go for speed and efficiency to make games
run faster. History has proven that games are a big technology
driver in computing. Let's admit it: most of the time we play
around with our computers, even if we don't run games - and
there are very serious and competent guys who are in computing
mainly for games.....

                                 Karl-Max Wagner
                                 karlmax@example.com
a word from the sponsor: