Re: tlug: TL 1.9Beta-1

> we're thinking about it :) -- most of our stuff is i18n-ified now, such as
> the installer, config tools, etc, so doing a German port wouldn't be too
> hard, I hope :)
There's no need for that - at least not at the beginning. German
users are not very picky about that - English is fine. Never
forget that Europe has less area than the US, but on that area
fourteen languages are in use. Germany is in the middle of all
that. So the tendency to have a working knowledge in English is
quite great - particularly in your target market. Just sell them
the US version. Most users will be happy with that ( there are
many users in fact who prefer English to German because they are
much more used to the English terminology. I belong to them ).
When you have built up sales enough you may think of a localized
version, but that's not very urgent, I'd say.

                                  Karl-Max Wagner
                                  karlmax@example.com
a word from the sponsor: