Re: tlug: preliminary April 11 meeting notes

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> [...]

How does that scripture go, "Avoid even the appearance of evil" or
something like that.  Basically even though certain teas aren't
TECHNICALLY illegal, we don't want people seeing Mormons drinking it and
thinking, "Hey, he's drinking tea, he must not take his religion
seriously".  You know.  people blow things out of proportion/context all
the time like that, so it's better to just not even give people cause to
question it.

Besides, the only kind of tea that I ever liked is the kind that I'm
explicitly not allowed to have :) (I haven't always been a Mormon, so I
did have the full gamut of tea experience before joining )

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

a word from the sponsor: