Re: tlug: Server Disk Swap and Nomikai date

From: joem <joem@example.com>
Subject: tlug: Server Disk Swap and Nomikai date
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:14:38 +0900 (JST)

> I'd like to pick up a new 4.? Gb SCSI disk for the server, if we have
> enough from yesterday's meeting, and install it fairly soon. I have a 1Gb
> disk that we can use for dumping backup files to as well, and some more
> memory to put in.  If it's OK with Scott and Cliff, let's schedule
> this for next Saturday evening,  around 5PM (?).

Rough guess from the donations is 37,324 yen which includes
Hikari's 10,000 yen personal donation.  According to Joe,
Hikari said it was okay to use the donation for either the
server parts or for JLUG.  Of the remaining 27,324 yen, 3,000 yen
is tagged specifically for JLUG.  So, we have 34,324 yen from
the April 14 meeting to buy a hard disk.  However, it was
recommended that we have JLUG a minimum of 10,000 yen.  This
leaves

(- 37324 10000)
27324

if we donate 10,000 yen to JLUG and  (- 37324 3000)
34324 if we donate 3,000 yen to JLUG.  We also have approximately
(- 43372 20000)
23372

in reserves from previous meetings.

> The nomikai's have been on 2nd Thursdays until last January, and then
> moved to 2nd Wednesdays.  I'd prefer a day without a regular workday
> after it (ie: Fridays or days before statutory holidays) so that the
> "day after tlug" is a day I don't have to be totally coherent : )
> How about other people?  If we choose between the 13th, 14th, or 15th of
> May, which day is best?

Any day is fine with me.

> For the banner, we have the special "rpm & dpkg: pro's and cons of
> the package-masters" talk with Scott Stone and Steve Turnbull for the
> next technical meeting as well - looking forward to it!   Which
> reminds me, I'll have to make sure there is one computer with
> TurboLinux and one with Debian for the talk.

      May 1998
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
                1  2
 3  4  5  6  7  8  9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16  <== either 13, 14, 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31

     June 1998
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
    1  2  3  4  5  6
 7  8  9 10 11 12(13) <==  Saturday the 13th for the dpkg, rpm talk
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

We should probably solicit a volunteer for the kanji-san for the
May nomikai.

Joe and I were talking about the need for more volunteers to
power the spread of TLUG.   I'll list some of the volunteers
that I think have volunteered, but I'm not sure if they have
or not.  Please confirm that you have indeed volunteered.

Position          Filled by         Responsibilities
--------          ---------         ----------------

Snackmaster       Shigeo Honda      order food at meetings
                   (please confirm
                    your name)

Nomikai Kanji     Dan Kenny (??)    Collect money at nomikai
   (beermaster???)

Librarian         please volunteer  make sure people check out
                                      and return stuff

Treasurer         some              keep record of funds
                    responsible
                    person

a word from the sponsor: