tlug: Server Disk Swap and Nomikai date

Hi,

> Joe Marchak mentioned something about doing a SCSI hard disk
> swap on the server in a few weeks.  Maybe Chikasaka-san can
> come down with us and do the secure-shell installation that
> he wanted to.

I'd like to pick up a new 4.? Gb SCSI disk for the server, if we have
enough from yesterday's meeting, and install it fairly soon. I have a 1Gb
disk that we can use for dumping backup files to as well, and some more
memory to put in.  If it's OK with Scott and Cliff, let's schedule
this for next Saturday evening,  around 5PM (?).

> What is the date of the next nomikai and meeting?   I need to change
> the banner at the end of the mailing list messages.

The nomikai's have been on 2nd Thursdays until last January, and then
moved to 2nd Wednesdays.  I'd prefer a day without a regular workday
after it (ie: Fridays or days before statutory holidays) so that the
"day after tlug" is a day I don't have to be totally coherent : )
How about other people?  If we choose between the 13th, 14th, or 15th of
May, which day is best?

For the banner, we have the special "rpm & dpkg: pro's and cons of
the package-masters" talk with Scott Stone and Steve Turnbull for the
next technical meeting as well - looking forward to it!   Which
reminds me, I'll have to make sure there is one computer with
TurboLinux and one with Debian for the talk.

Joe Marchak
joem@example.com

a word from the sponsor: