tlug: Canna is out to lunch

Hi all,

Not much traffic on the list this morning.  Everybody still recovering from
yesterday's meeting and nijikai? :-)

I came in to work this morning and found canna was sick.  Typing
kinput2 -canna & got me the message that it couldn't communicate with the
kana - kanji conversion server.  So I did /etc/rc.d/init.d/canna stop and
got:
Cannot connect with cannaserver "unix"

Trying /etc/rc.d/init.d/canna start got me:

ERROR

Another 'cannaserver' is detected.
If 'cannaserver' is not running, "/tmp/.iroha_unix/IROHA" may remain
accidentally.
So after making sure cannaserver isn't running, execute the command rm
/tmp/.iroha_unix/IROHA

Just to be absolutely sure, I did a killall on canna and it said no
processes were killed, so I went ahead with the rm.  However, I got a "no
such file or directory" on that, so apparently it isn't there.

Has anybody ever had this happen to canna, and what did you do to fix it?

TIA,

Jonathan

Jonathan Byrne <E-mail:jq@example.com>
Media and Content Section