RE: tlug: Wierd..

>one we need to be most compatible with is M$ Office... so I was
wondering...
>I have heard some pretty good reviews of Applixware... What I was wondering
>is whether anyone knows how compatible it is with M$ Word, Excel,
>Powerpoint, etc?

It's sort of compatible (not 100%) with Word 6, which is pretty old.  It
will read Word 6 docs but (according to the Applix documentation) not
perfectly.  There are some issues.  Conversion would probably be kind of a
headache, but I think that Applix is good enough (I have it) that an office
that was running it on every machine would not need another office suite,
except for dealing with things coming from outside that were sent in MS
Office format.

There will be a Japanese-localized version of ApplixWare, so look forward to
that, also.

Jonathan