Re: tlug: mew subject width

    Craig> I've been using edict.el with mule in the office on libc5
    Craig> for some time.  I have used it with emacs 20.2, xemacs20.3,
    Craig> and xemacs 20.4. I'm currently using mew with Xemacs 20.4
    Craig> built with canna support.  I don't byte compile edict.el as
    Craig> I've had problems with byte compilation.  It takes a while
    Craig> to load the first time, but after that it works fine.  I
    Craig> have been using edict.el as an indispensible tool.  If you
    Craig> want to get it to run, I can send you the elisp source and
    Craig> my .emacs file.

Would you send me a copy of the source, too?  From what I hear, the
version of edict.el current on Monash does not work at all under
FSFmacs 20.x.  I don't promise to do anything about that in a hurry;
I'm maintaining edict.el for XEmacs.  I promised Per Hammarlund that I
would make efforts to get it to work with FSFmacs, but that's not top
priority.

edict.el works great with XEmacs 21.0 now, only issues left are some
packaging issues.  I see no reason why it won't work with XEmacs 20.3
or 20.4, I'm just being conservative.  If it doesn't fixing that is a
priority.  It will probably work with XEmacs 20.0 and 20.2, as much as
those ever work with Mule.

Probably I will release for beta testing before the weekend.  A more
or less :) current copy that may or may not work :) is in

    http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Tools/XEmacs/packages/edict/

if you're in a hurry.

HTH

a word from the sponsor: