RE: tlug: Xwrapper

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Jonathan Byrne--3Web wrote:

> [...]

1.  just run 'xdm' instead of 'startx'

2.  find the file that /etc/X11/X points to (in your case probably
/usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA) and do:

chown root /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA
chmod 4755 /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA

which is how 1.0 was doing it - can be a security problem, though, having
setuid crap lying around, but if it's just a workstation, it's probably no
big deal.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

a word from the sponsor: