RE: tlug: Kinput2

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Jonathan Byrne--3Web wrote:

> Is it possible to have kinput2 started automatically as part of the boot
> process and thereby be automatically available to whatever user I (or anyone
> else) logs in as?   If so, what do I need to put where to make this happen?

In .xsession or .xinitrc  or whatever your X startup file is, put
  kinput2 &

> Is there a way to tell kinput2 at startup which it should work with, Canna
> or Wnn?

Instead of just kinput2 &, start it with

  kinput2 -wnn &  or
  kinput2 -canna &

In .Xresources, you may to go for the

*preeditType:   Separate,OverTheSpot,OffTheSpot,Root
*IMProtocol: xim
*inputMethod: kinput2

matter of personal choice though.

Regards,