Re: tlug: Printing problem

Jonathan Byrne さんは書きました:
>I have an HP Deskjet 850C on lpt1 and it's setup as lp in Linux.  Printtool
>can successfully print an ASCII test page, but trying to print a man page
>from Mule produced nothing.  When I started printtool to check the printer,
>I got a message that said Ghostscript appeared to not be installed.
>However, the Japanese-enabled version of Ghostscript is an installed package
>on this system (TurboLinux 1.4J), but perhaps it isn't working correctly?
>How do I check to find out if Ghostscript is running and working properly?

Hi Jonathan,

I experienced the same problem before, on a RHL4.2 system.  The Printtool
expect Ghostscript to be installed on /usr/bin, not on /usr/local/bin as
the Japanese Ghostscript goes.  How about making a symbolic link like
	/usr/bin/gs	->	/usr/local/bin/gs

Hope that works.  (I have not tried on TLJ).

Regards,
Ken

Ken Harada = 原田  健
Hayama, Japan
http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)