Re: tlug: gcc misplacing pointers?

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

>     Scott> Any idea why gcc would 'lose' the pointer to s0 like that?
>
> Try 'info locals' in gdb. It will tell what it thinks your local
> variables are.
>
> One last possibility is that something before your function clobbered
> memory, making for some very strange behavior. On Solaris I use
> "purify" to catch such nasty things, but I don't know if there is a
> public domain equivalent. It checks all memory accesses to make sure
> nothing funny is going on. If there public domain tool that does the
> same, I love to find out about it.

Well, this got me thinking, so I went and found it.  The url is:

http://larch-www.lcs.mit.edu:8001/larch/lclint/

it's called 'LCLint', and it works on any UNIX, OS/2, or Win32.  According
to them, at least.  I'm going to download it now and try it out.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: