tlug: The Perl Journal Japan (TPPJ) project

Hi All,

We are having a project meeting on Saturday to discuss the feasibility
of producing a version of "The Perl Journal" here in Tokyo.  TPJ is a
quarterly magazine dedicated to Perl, which comes pre-installed on most
Linux distributions.

The goals of the meeting are to go over the previous issues of TPJ and
decide if TLUG has the resources to do a Japanese production, and if
so, how to produce a trial version.

What's in it for TLUG?

Production of a quarterly magazine like TPJ brings free software to a
larger audience.  Also, TLUG can have a full page add in the magazine
and share in any profits (if any) that are made.

Agenda:

meet at 13:30 at the kouban at Omotesando Station, and find a place
for lunch.

  13:50 discuss TLUG goals.  Why is TLUG doing this?  What do members want
        to get out of it?  Which groups do we get cooperation from?

  14:00 scope of project.  Do we translate the entire magazine? How long
        after the publication of TPJ English, is the TPJ Japan going to be
        released?

  14:15 distribute copies of English TPJ on loan so members can evaluate
        task

  14:20 time budget issues...  how many people hours is this going to
        take?

  14:30 who is the target market that we are trying to reach?

  14:40 wrap of issues.  Is this feasible?  Or, should we get more
        information before deciding feasibility? What is the next step?
        Close the official meeting.

  15:00 optional extraneous conversation over beer.

If people are interested, meet at Omotesando station between 13:30 and
13:40 on Saturday.

Cheers,

Joe Marchak
joem@example.com

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: