RE: tlug: Slackware mail problem + b-ball

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> > Since we're doing extratopical stuff, I wanted to ask the list if anyone's
> > found canned tomato soup anywhere in Japan?  I need some because it helps
> > me think about Linux, esp. when I add garlic and red pepper.
> >
> > Tomato soup?  Have you tried Medi-ya (明治屋)?
> >

> Do you know where any of them are?  Preferably near Umegaoka (or
> Shimo-Kitazawa, or Yoyogi-Uehara, or Kichijoji, or even Shibuya) ?

If you are near Kichijoji, then try kinokuniya (紀伊国屋), if you
go out the north side of Kichijoji, and go to the left and follow
along same sidewalk that runs parallel to the train tracks, you
will get to a stop light and can continue on another road (I believe
it is called 中央通り, but might be wrong).  Anyway, the road does
have a sign above it and just follow that road for about 5-10
minute walk and you will see it on the right side.  It does not
open up on that road, but you can see it across a small field and
there is a big sign that says Kinokuniya that you can see.

Rob

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station