Re: tlug: Re: TLUG Server (Finance)

Good Morning, everybody.
 I'd like to avoid accounting problems, which are discussed a couple
of days ago. So let's not gather money by undirect method.

Ken Harada wrote:
> We have Yen43,372 balance as of 14 Feb.  We will buy:
>
> 	- New Hard Disk			40,000 (?)
> 	- Memory			10,000 (?)
> 	- Takkyubin charge		  2,000 (?)
> 	- JPNIC				20,000
> 	- Hosting (ISP)			10,000
> 	- Anything else imminent?

 Takkyubin charge is Ok. But other things are too early to decide.
Current TLUG homepage is under 25 MB. I feel John's machine is good
enough at a start point.
 Let's make the John's machine work at PHT. Then we can see what is the
problem. 486 is too slow? Shortage of Hard Disk? Shortage of RAM? 128K
is too narrow?
 I make http server run on my all Linux boxes. The lowest
spec is '486DX2,8MB RAM, 250 MB harddisk (80 MB is used for Dos)'.
It works fine for me. I'm now planning to let this box measure temperatures,
and report the results through http server.

 When we hold a meeting, we can gather nearly 15,000yen (500yen x 30).
This is a sufficient budget for a non-profitable group, isn't it?

 The less more money we use, the more we can promote Linux.

Cheers,
Masa    Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station