Re: tlug: TLUG server as learning tool

Good Morning, everybody.

Karl-Max wrote:
> > Another project is moving the Perl CGI scripts from TWICS to
> > the new server.  The Perl experts could help the Perl novices
> > edit the files with the new settings and place the files
> > in the proper places.
> This one is not too difficult and well suited for teaching.
 A couple of ISPs allow to use Perl for CGI. But still no ISP allows
to use Python. How about to try to translate Perl scripts into
Python scripts. Even though I usually use Python, I never used Python
on a server connected to Internet. So I'd like to use Python on our
new server.
 Python is not included in Slackware package. But it's becoming
popular in Linux world.

Cheers,

Masa    Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18l talking on source code