tlug: -Server Info-

   Sorry people, I've been so busy with real work that I haven't had
   time to look at the list over the last few days, so I missed out on
   the server discussion.

   I should probably describe the machine which I have available. It's
   a Compaq tower system with a 486-66 and 32MB of RAM. It has a Compaq
   hardware IDE RAID card (which Linux recognizes as a normal IDE disk)
   and, currently, about 1GB of disk space which can be configured as
   striped or mirrored storage. It also has a Compaq SCSI card and an
   Archive (or Wangtek... can't remember exactly) 1/4" tape drive for
   back-ups. Unfortunately, Linux doesn't recognize the proprietary
   Compaq card, but the tape works fine when an Adaptec card is used in
   its place. I also have a SCSI CD-ROM drive which works in this
   system.  The network card is a 3COM (two or even three cards are
   available).  It is an ISA bus machine and there are 4 or 5 free
   slots.

   What I don't have for it is a monitor (keyboard yes, monitor no).

   A partial view of the system (and Joe) is available at:-

	http://www2.gol.com/gaijin/image/tlug04.jpg

			-John-

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: