tlug: Eric Raymond's ``The Cathedral and the Bazaar''

Hi!

Just in case there are some people in this mailing list who
don't know Eric Raymond's essay on the Linux development
process:

  http://sagan.earthspace.net/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/

It seems this article was a major influence for Netscape to
decide that they release the source of their browser.  The
essay is much fun to read.

(I can't remember seeing this link in this mailing list yet,
but maybe somebody else already posted it and I just missed
it -- in this case, sorry for the noice.)

Cheers,

Manuel

P.S.: There is a German and a French translation, maybe
      somebody wants to try a Japanese one.  It would be
      worth it, I think.
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: